Sunday, July 26, 2015

#ADA25

Happy Quarter Century, ADA. I remember being seven and my Dad telling me the President Bush had signed the law and that it was a big deal. I did not need much at the time, all I "needed" was my AFOs or leg braces... Boy did that change in 25 years. I am blessed to have only faced disease progression as the laws and societal norms have, and not before them like so many others. I may have been blissfully naive at age seven, but 25 years post its inception, I have advocated for change and seen it happen before me. So how did I celebrate today? Doing mundane errands with my husband and children. You know, like many moms my age ;)

We have come a long way, America. But there is always room for improvement. 

Onward, ADA. Excited to see what the next 25 years bring? Now, can I get an AMEN.


No comments:

Post a Comment