Thursday, December 24, 2015

2015




You have been my weirdest year yet.  You have brought my new friends an opportunities, while closing doors and setting tougher boundaries.  I mourned (and still sometimes do) over the loss of working while enjoying and preferring my markedly more quiet moments.

I had two surgeries, four incisions and thirty stitches between both arms, but am wrapping up the year pain free... enough to chaperone field trips and go on last minute, Tuesday-before-Christmas, shopping mall trips with just my five year old.

I spent 1/5th of the year (ten weeks!) not being able to straighten one arm and then the other, but have not lost any function.  We took the kids on their first adventure to the ocean and one of us emptied a bladder at said body of water!

I began 2015 with steroids, antibiotics, and pneumonia and ended it with my first cold in two years that my body could kick without Prednisone.  And through it all you have made my heart grow in a way, and with a fervour, that I could not expect.  Thanks for the memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment