Monday, August 10, 2015

OT goodies, part two

Wow I really slacked on this.  It is almost three months since my last surgery and I never finished sharing my loot from my favorite Occupational Therapist.  Here is a link to the first toy she gave me, http://atrophyinentropy.blogspot.com/2015/05/ot-goodies-part-one.html

Now we did add the loops after getting these to make it easier on me.  I also got these to protect (more like "buffer") my elbows while I transfer:


I did use these as I transitioned from cast to brace to nothing, and from dependence on my husband to independently transferring.  But I had not used them in several weeks.  I randomly grabbed them for this road trip, thinking the cushion would be nice while sitting in the van for long stretches.  As in 32 hours in the car to get to each leg of our trip and back home.  You can add about 3 more hours of local travel to and from our hotel.

But what I had not factored in was the hours I would spend in my manual chair, complete with its pencil thin armrests, while visiting our relatives (we tried renting a ramp and me staying in my power chair last time; it was not to be repeated.  I have to believe that without these bad boys I would be even more miserable.


No comments:

Post a Comment